We know it can be hard to manage the healthcare needs of children who have a disability, complex condition or other special needs that require finding many types of doctors or specialists. Our Service Management teams can help you:
- Get answers to any questions or concerns you have.
- Identify what kinds of services your child may need.
- Develop a care plan with your child’s doctor(s).
- Get referrals, make appointments and make sure you have access to the care your child needs.
- Help you request a Pre-Appeal.
To find out more information about this service, call Superior Member Services at 1-866-912-6283.
What is a pre-appeals process?
There may be times when your child’s doctor will request services that may not meet medical necessity. Before a formal denial or limitation of services is issued, Superior’s Medical Director will review the case and get in touch with your doctor requesting the services. The Medical Director will ask that doctor questions about the services that he or she is requesting. Your doctor may have new information that wasn’t presented before that can help get the original request approved.
For more information on this process, you can call a Service Manager at 1-866-912-6283.