Being taken from home and placed in foster care is a hard and stressful experience for any child. Most children are able to adjust over time. For some children, emotional, behavioral or developmental problems can happen. And because kids are kids, sometimes it is hard to recognize a real behavioral problem from typical behavior.
Help might be needed if your child:
- Can’t cope with daily life.
- Feels very sad, stressed or worried.
- Is not sleeping or eating well.
- Wants to hurt themselves or others or has thoughts about hurting themselves.
- Is troubled by strange thoughts (such as hearing voices).
- Drinks or uses other substances more than usual.
- Has problems at work or at home.
- Seems to be having problems at school.
We can help. Superior offers behavioral health services for foster children and their foster care families. We can help you or your child by answering your questions and finding the right provider. Call Superior 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-866-912-6283 to speak with a licensed mental health professional.
To get help making an appointment or if you have questions, call 1-866-912-6283. You do not need a referral from your child’s Primary Care Provider (PCP) for behavioral health services. You also do not need to wait for an emergency to get help.
Behavioral Health Resources: