Turning Point Program
Psychiatric Hospital Diversion and Crisis Intervention Programs for Children and Youth in STAR Health
Children and youth in STAR Health, as well as their caregivers and families (including kinship families), have access to Turning Point programs. These programs offer emergency assessment and crisis intervention to help support families avoid behavioral health ER visits and inpatient admissions.
Benefits of this program include:
- Access to Superior HealthPlan’s 24-hour crisis information line.
- Mental health assessment.
- Referrals to additional services and resources, as needed.
Through Turning Point, children and youth in STAR Health and their caregivers can get help to prevent hospitalizations and disruptions in placement. This program is offered at no cost.
Call 1-866-912-6283, press * if you are having a behavioral health emergency, and need assistance from a licensed mental health professional because:
- Your child is threatening to harm themselves or others.
- Your child is engaging in any self-harming behaviors.
- Your child is engaging in behavior that concerns you.
This Turning Point program is a partnership among ACH Child and Family Services, Empirica and Superior HealthPlan. Services are available to all children and youth in foster care and their families within CPS Region 3. Services are provided at the Wedgwood Campus of ACH Child and Family Services in Fort Worth, Texas. The ACH Turing Point program is a specialized, urgent mental-health care program for children and youth in STAR Health and their families. It is designed to help offer timely relief of symptoms and therapeutic sessions that prevent hospitalizations and changes in placement. The program offers:
- A 24/7 crisis and information line for members and referring providers.
- Full mental-health assessments and psychiatric services.
- Personalized consultation for the entire family.
- Family supports and skill building.
- Alternate care setting for youth ages 10-17, who qualify.
- Support for reuniting families to help better handle future challenges.
- Access to Beacon Intensive Case Management for ongoing care coordination.
Call 1-817-909-1171 for an immediate assessment.
Turning Point in the Dallas/Fort Worth area is open statewide, through virtual participation. In order for children and youth in STAR Health who live outside of the Dallas/Fort Worth area to participate in Turning Point they must:
- Have a caregiver willing to virtually participate in their treatment.
- Have a caregiver willing to transport them to and from the program location.
- Be able and willing to travel.
To learn more about the ACH Turning Point program in Dallas/Fort Worth:
Call ACH Child and Family Services at 1-817-335-4673
Contact the Turning Point program at 1-817-909-1171
Download the Turning Point flyer (PDF)
Watch the video to learn how ACH Turning Point provides specialized, short-term crisis intervention and acute stabilization with the goal of family-preservation.
The Pathways Turning Point program is a partnership between Superior and Pathways Youth & Family Services. The Turning Point program serves STAR Health members living in Bexar and Harris counties. The program offers:
- Crisis assistance from a Turning Point professional Monday - Friday 1 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Tips to help manage or prevent a crisis over the phone.
- Crisis Team coordination for on-site interventions and planning.
- Referrals for additional services and resources.
- Referrals for inpatient hospitalization when necessary.
- 911 connection help if needed.
Superior’s Behavioral Health Crisis Team will perform a screening to determine if Turning Point services are needed.
If a child or youth in STAR Health experience a crisis, please call our Behavioral Health Crisis Line at 1-866-912-6283 and press (*). You will be directed to a Behavioral Health Crisis Team staff member for help.
To learn more about Turning Point services for members living in San Antonio and Houston: