A Psychiatric Hospital Diversion Program for Children and Youth in STAR Health
Children and youth in STAR Health, as well as their caregivers and families (including kinship families), now have access to Turning Point. This program offers emergency assessment and crisis intervention 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Turning Point is being offered in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and is now open statewide through virtual participation.
Benefits of this new program include:
- Access to a 24-hour crisis information line.
- Mental health assessment.
- Family supports and skills building.
- Alternate care setting for youth who qualify.
- Crisis support and intervention planning.
In order for children and youth in STAR Health who live outside of the Dallas/Fort Worth area to participate in Turning Point they must:
- Have a caregiver willing to virtually participate in their treatment
- Have a caregiver willing to transport them to and from the program location.
- Be able and willing to travel.
Through Turning Point, children and youth in STAR Health and their caregivers can get help to prevent hospitalizations and disruptions in placement. This program is being offered at no cost.
To learn more about Turning Point, call the number below:
- Dallas/Fort Worth: 1-817-909-1171
San Antonio and Houston Turning Point Program Updates Coming Soon
The Turning Point program in partnership with Pathways is being refreshed. New programming for members living in the San Antonio and Houston areas will be available June 1, 2022.
In the meantime, if a child or youth in STAR Health experience a crisis, please call our Behavioral Health Crisis Line at 1-866-912-6283 and press (*) to be directed to a Behavioral Health Crisis Team staff member for assistance.
More information on the new programming is coming soon!
Learn more about how Turning Point provides unique, short-term intervention and stabilization for children and youth in STAR Health and their families to help prevent hospitalizations and placement disruptions.