A Psychiatric Hospital Diversion Program for Children and Youth in Foster Care
Children and youth in foster care, as well as their caregivers and families (including kinship families), now have access to Turning Point. This program offers emergency assessment and crisis intervention 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Turning Point is being offered in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio and Abilene areas.
Benefits of this new program include:
- Access to a 24-hour crisis information line.
- Mental health assessment.
- Counseling and family consultation.
- Alternate care setting for youth who qualify.
- In-home crisis support and intervention planning.
Through Turning Point, children and youth in foster care and their caregivers can get help to prevent hospitalizations and disruptions in placement. This program is being offered at no cost.
To learn more about Turning Point, call one of these numbers:
- Dallas/Fort Worth: 1-817-909-1171
- Houston: 1-888-483-0831
- San Antonio: 1-800-619-5291
- Abilene: 1-888-263-1909
Download a PDF of the Turning Point flyer.