Find a Provider
The Superior HealthPlan Provider Directory is a list of physicians, hospitals, drug stores, dentists and other healthcare providers that are available to you.
Please Note: Microsoft is ending support for the internet browser Internet Explorer (IE). Superior’s Find a Provider tool will no longer work in IE. IE has been replaced by Microsoft Edge. Please use Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Firefox or a mobile web browser.
STAR Health Provider Directories
You can get a paper copy of the Provider Directory for free by calling Member Services at the number on the back of your ID card.
- STAR Health Provider Directory - Bexar (PDF)
- STAR Health Provider Directory - Central (PDF)
- STAR Health Provider Directory - Dallas (PDF)
- STAR Health Provider Directory - El Paso (PDF)
- STAR Health Provider Directory - Harris (PDF)
- STAR Health Provider Directory - Hidalgo (PDF)
- STAR Health Provider Directory - Jefferson (PDF)
- STAR Health Provider Directory - Lubbock (PDF)
- STAR Health Provider Directory - Northeast (PDF)
- STAR Health Provider Directory - Nueces (PDF)
- STAR Health Provider Directory - Tarrant (PDF)
- STAR Health Provider Directory - Travis (PDF)
- STAR Health Provider Directory - West (PDF)
For help finding a hospital, please visit: Hospital Quality Data.
To find certified Texas Health Steps providers, please download the directory below:
Some Superior providers are trained to complete a Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) assessment. This service is only provided to members in STAR Health. To see a list of providers in your area who can do a CANS assessment, click below.
DFPS staff may also reference the DFPS Regional Boundaries Map (PDF) to find which CANS provider listing is applicable to their area.
- STAR Health Certified CANS Providers – Central (PDF)
- STAR Health Certified CANS Providers – East (PDF)
- STAR Health Certified CANS Providers – North (PDF)
- STAR Health Certified CANS Providers – South (PDF)
For help finding a provider or making an appointment, call member services at 1-866-912-6283. They can give you the name, address and phone number of a doctor or specialist. They can also help you get a provider's:
- Professional qualifications
- Medical school information
- Residency information
- Board certification
More information on how to choose a PCP or a specialist can be found in your member handbook.
- STAR Health Bexar (CSV)
- STAR Health Central (CSV)
- STAR Health Dallas (CSV)
- STAR Health El Paso (CSV)
- STAR Health Harris (CSV)
- STAR Health Hidalgo (CSV)
- STAR Health Jefferson (CSV)
- STAR Health Lubbock (CSV)
- STAR Health Northeast (CSV)
- STAR Health Nueces (CSV)
- STAR Health Tarrant (CSV)
- STAR Health Travis (CSV)
- STAR Health West (CSV)
The doctor will talk to you about your/your child’s needs and will help make plans for you to see the specialist that can provide the best care for you. This is called a referral. Your/your child’s doctor is the only one that can give you a referral to see a specialist. If you/your child has a visit, receives services from a specialist without your doctor’s referral, or if the specialist is not a Superior provider, you might be responsible for the bill. In some cases, an OB/GYN can also give you a referral for related services.
Some specialist referrals from your/your child’s doctor may need approval from Superior to make sure the specialist is a Superior specialist, and the visit to the specialist or the specialty procedure is needed. In these cases, the doctor must first call Superior. If you or your doctor are not sure what specialty services need approval, Superior can give you that information. Superior will review the request for specialty services and respond with a decision.
You do not need a referral for:
- True emergency services
- OB/GYN care.
- Behavioral health services.
- Routine vision services.
- Dental services (for children).
- Family planning services.
Your doctor might want you/your child to see a special doctor (specialist) for certain health-care needs. While you/your child’s doctor can take care of most of your health-care needs, sometimes they will want you/your child to see a specialist for your care. A specialist has received training and has more experience taking care of certain diseases, illnesses and injuries. Superior has many specialists who will work with you and your doctor to care for your needs. In some situations, the specialist may see you/your child right away. Depending on the medical need, it may take up to a few weeks after you make the appointment to see the specialist.