URGENT: COVID-19 Vaccinators Needed
With the new availability of COVID-19 vaccine for children 6 months through 5 years of age, Superior is continuing efforts to recruit COVID-19 vaccinators – specifically pediatric and family medicine providers. Children in this younger age group can be vaccinated with whichever vaccine is available (either Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech).
Currently, the PREP Act only permits pharmacists to vaccinate older children – so there is a great need to recruit pediatricians, family physicians, and other medical providers to help vaccinate younger children.
Please review the resources below to learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination for children 6 months to 5 years of age:
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) COVID-19 Vaccination Program Provider Requirements and Support Webpage
- Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) COVID-19 Vaccination Provider Enrollment Webpage
- DSHS COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Webinars
- Please note: The webinar on June 14, 2022 details vaccine eligibility for infants and young children.
- Now Available: COVID-19 Vaccines for Children 6 Months - 5 Years of Age
In addition to the resources above, providers can also review Superior’s Coronavirus webpage.