Help Texas Fight COVID-19: Enroll Your Child in Texas CARES
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is partnering with the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) to launch the Texas Coronavirus Antibody Response Survey (Texas CARES). They are looking for school-age children between the ages of 5-17 to participate in the survey.
What is Texas CARES?
The Texas Coronavirus Antibody Response Survey, or Texas CARES, is a survey that will help better understand the human antibody response to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The survey will help measure how many people already have COVID-19 antibodies, and how long those antibodies last.
What are the goals of the Texas CARES survey?
- Find out how many Texans have COVID-19 antibodies and how long they last.
- Understand the human antibody response to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
- Understand if people with antibodies are protected from future infection.
How does it work?
- STEP 1: Sign up to participate by filling out the consent form and brief survey here: Texas CARES website.
- STEP 2: Complete your first antibody test (T1).
- STEP 3: Take a 5-minute survey and complete your second antibody test (T2) (3 months after T1).
- STEP 4: Take a 10-minute survey and complete your third antibody test (T3) (6 months after T1).
How do you sign up?
To participate in Texas CARES, go to the website https://go.uth.edu/txcares and complete the consent form and survey.