File a Complaint
A complaint is when you call Superior to say you are not happy with your health plan, provider or services. You may file a complaint with Superior if you are not happy with the medical care you receive, have trouble getting an appointment or someone treats you rudely.
There are several ways you can file a complaint.
- Fill out and submit the Online Complaint Form
- Download, print and fill out the Complaint Form and mail to:
Attn: Complaints Department
5900 E. Ben White Blvd
Austin, TX 78741
- Call Superior’s the Member Services department toll- free at 1-866-912-6283. A member Advocate can help you file a complaint. They can explain the process and what to expect. You can also call them to get the status of your complaint.
If you receive benefits through STAR Health, call your medical or dental plan first. If you don’t get the help you need you should do one of the following:
- Call Medicaid Managed Care Helpline at 1-866-566-8989 (toll free).
- Online: Online Submission Form (only works in Internet Explorer)
- Mail: Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Office of the Ombudsman, MC H-700
P.O. Box 13247
Austin, TX 78711-3247
- Fax: 1-888-780-8099 (Toll-Free)
You can also complain to the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) by emailing STAR.Health@hhsc.state.tx.us.
To report abuse, neglect or exploitation of children, the elderly or people with disabilities, please visit the Texas Abuse Hotline website.
Always remember: If you need help understanding the language being spoken, Superior has people who can help you on the phone or can go with you to a medical appointment. Call Member Services to ask for help at 1-866-912-6283.